HEALTH ADVISORY: INCREASED COVID-19 ACTIVITY
A Health Advisory has been issued until further notice by the Peoria
City/County Health Department due to significant increases in cases per
100,000 population and the percentage of Emergency Department visits for
COVID-19-like-illness by Peoria County residents.
Based on data provided through contact tracing, the following key
contributing factors have been identified:
- Increased activity including large gatherings without proper social
distancing and face coverings.
- Individuals with mild symptoms failing to use proper precaution.
- Travel to states that have less protective measures.
The following precautions are advised to help prevent the spread of
COVID-19 in Peoria County:
- Face coverings should be properly worn in public spaces as well as
when within 6ft of individuals outside of your immediate household.
Proper use of face coverings involves covering the nose and mouth.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 ft between yourself and
individuals outside of your household.
- In-person and large gatherings should be avoided as it is difficult
to maintain distancing.
- Stay home if you are sick, even when you have mild symptoms and
- While waiting for your test results, stay in isolation to prevent further
exposure to others.
- Re-consider traveling to areas that are experiencing high rates of
activity or areas where there aren’t protective measures. If you do
travel, take precautions and monitor systems upon return.
The Peoria City/County Health Department considers these measures as
necessary in the control of COVID-19 within our community.
For more information, please visit www.pcchd.org.