Birth & Death Records
Due to COVID-19 Emergency Response, limited services may be available.
Temporary guidelines to access limited services
Vital Records – birth and death certificates: 309-679-6032
- Please call for directions for limited curbside services..
- Peoria County Clerk at the Peoria County Courthouse also issues certificates
- Order by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Instructions here.
- Funeral Directors, not having the ability to print certificates, can check with Vital Records for specific directions to obtain certificates.
- Vital Records will continue the registration of records for the government.
Birth and Death Records
Vital Records Program
The Peoria City/County Health Department issues, records, and maintains birth certificates, death certificates and burial permits.
Under Illinois State Law (410 ILCS 535-Vital Records Act) only specific individuals have legal access to birth or death certificates. Vital records are not considered public information, nor are they subject to the Freedom of Information Act. No information will be given over the telephone regarding an individual’s vital records.
Information About Establishing Paternity
A voluntary acknowledgment of paternity form is available from any county clerk, health department or public aid office. The form can be completed if the biological parents of a child are not married, are both available to sign forms and no other man is listed on the birth record.
If you have questions about completing the form, call the Child Support Customer Service Call Center at 1-800-447-4278. View more information.
Additional Resource Information
For information about Illinois Adoption Records, Genealogy Records, Record Corrections, and other Vital Records, visit the Illinois Department of Public Health website.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you. Please take this short survey and tell us how we are doing!