Peoria City/County Health Department Strategic Plan, 2020 - 2022
This plan was adopted by the Board of Health on November 18, 2019. Download the plan (PDF).
We partner to build and improve community health and well-being through prevention, promotion, and protection.
Trusted leader in a healthy, thriving community.
Goals & Strategic Initiatives:
Summary of goals and strategic initiatives of the strategic plan.
Create an efficient, inclusive building to support the functions of public health and the community.
- Formalize the scope of the agency’s programming and physical needs.
- Identify the programming and partnerships.
- Finalize an architectural and financial plan for a new building/campus.
Establish targeted Health Equity as a strategy to improve access and reduce barriers in health improvement planning.
- Develop a strategy process for utilizing Health Equity in community improvement planning.
- Address and implement community health priorities utilizing Health Equity Strategies.
Support development of community engagement and innovation within Peoria City/County Health Department workforce.
- Ensure all PCCHD staff have demonstrated computer literacy skills.
- Strengthen the workforce competencies related to community engagement and core public health functions.