Food Safety News
Farmers Market Guidance During COVID-19
Family farms and local markets play a vital role in our community. The following guidance will help vendors operate safely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Illinois Farmers Market Association Guidelines (ILFMA) for Farmers Market Manager
- ILFMA Guidelines for Customers
- ILFMA Guidelines for Vendors
- ILFMA Booth Signage
- ILFMA Not Ready for Use Signage
- University of Illinois Farmers Market Guidance Handout
- Temporary Hand Washing Station Guidance
- Sanitizer/Disinfectant Guidance for Farmers Markets
Food Program Memos and Newsletters
- 12-9-19 Temporary Food Vendors Updates Memo
- 12-2-19 Catering Public Events Memo
- 9-17-19 Share Tables Memo
- Fall 2019 Winter 2020 Environmental Health News
Food Safety Excellence Award
This annual award program is designed to recognize establishments that demonstrate a strong commitment to food safety. All eligible food establishments are encouraged to apply. Applications are accepted every year, and are due by December 1 of the award year.
New in 2020! Download the fillable award application below and submit by email to EH@peoriacounty.org.
Food Code Establishment & Inspection System
At the unannounced inspections performed 1 to 3 times per year, a sanitarian conducts a risk-based food inspection.
The inspection report addresses critical and non-critical violations. Critical violations must by fixed within a set period, which is as soon as possible, but within at least 10 days. Imminent health hazards must be eliminated immediately or the food service establishment may be required to close until the problem is corrected.
- Materiales Toxicos (PDF)
- Potentially Hazardous Foods (PDF)
- Power Outages (PDF)
- Refrigeration Temperatures (PDF)
- Reheating (PDF)
- Sanitizers - Bleach
- Sanitizing Equipment and Utensils (PDF)
- Sushi (PDF)
- Temperaturas Para Cocinar (PDF)
- Thawing Violations (PDF)
- Toxic Items (PDF)
- Wiping Cloth Solutions (PDF)