Food Protection Program
Food Safety News
State Amendments - New!
- (5/17/2021) Bridge to Phase 5 Executive Order - New mask and social distancing guidelines in Illinois
- (5/17/2021) Bridge to Phase 5 - New restaurant & bar guidelines released
Local Amendments - New!
- (5/1/2021) Amendments to Chapter 10 Food Safety of the Peoria County Code Section 10-29(D) were made to include:
- ALL required Certified Food Protection Managers (CFPM) to have additional Allergen Training
- All new or extensively remodeled food establishments shall have a 3-compartment sink for ware washing
- Hard copies of all training certificates for CFPM, Food Handler Training, and allergen training must be available for review at time of inspections
- All food establishments connected to an onsite wastewater treatment system shall have an inspection of the system prior to approval to open and operate, and annually to be reviewed at time of inspection or submitted with their license renewal
- All food establishments connected to a water well shall provide an inspection of the water supply system and satisfactory water samples prior to approval to open and operate
- New License Type - Multi-Event Temporary Food Service Establishment
Food Program Memos and Newsletters
- Fall 2020 EH Food Safety Newsletter (PDF)
- 12-9-19 Temporary Food Vendors Updates Memo
- 12-2-19 Catering Public Events Memo
- 9-17-19 Share Tables Memo
- Fall 2019 Winter 2020 Environmental Health News
Food Safety Excellence Award
This annual award program is designed to recognize establishments that demonstrate a strong commitment to food safety. All eligible food establishments are encouraged to apply. Applications are accepted every year, and are due by December 1 of the award year.
In 2020, due to the pandemic, the Peoria City/County Health Department awarded qualifying establishments a COVID-19 Safety Excellence Award. This award was based on establishments remaining in good standing with the Peoria City/County Health Department, adhering to COVID-19 guidelines and best practices, and going above and beyond to ensure the safety of employees and the community. See the list of winners below!
We hope to return to a modified version of the Food Safety Excellence Awards in 2021. More details to come soon!