WIC (Women, Infants, Children) Nutrition Program
Walk In Hours
Monday-Wednesday-Thursday-Friday 8am-3pm Tuesday 9am-3pm
Make an Appointment
For more information or to make an appointment to see if you qualify for the WIC program, call 309/679-6076 or email WIC Classes.
- Live in Peoria County
- Are pregnant or have a child less than 5 years of age
- Meet WIC Income Guidelines
- Have a nutritional risk
WIC Program Overview
- Provides free one-on-one and group nutrition education. You may qualify to take your nutrition education online. If your nutritionist approves online education, visit the WIC online education website.
- Ensures the proper growth of infants and children
- Provides breastfeeding education and assistance
- Assesses eligibility to receive a free breast pump
- Assists pregnant women with obtaining temporary state medical cards (MPE card)
- Provides free food coupons to supplement your food purchases at local stores
The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender, identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)
Filing a Complaint
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form online, or at any USDA office, or call 866-632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at:
U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director
Office of Adjudication
1400 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
Email Program Intake.
Hearing & Speech Impairments
Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339; or 800-845-6136 (Spanish).